Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
The Screening Platform is seeking an experienced, driven, and energetic Associate Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist well versed in high-throughput screening, automation, and NGS-based workflows. The candidate will join our dynamic team to support the development, execution, and analysis of RNA guide screens in support of therapeutic programs and to enable technological advancements. The methods, tools and data produced by the candidate will play a critical role in enabling the creation of next-generation gene editing technologies. As a member of our team, the candidate can expect to join a fast-paced, exciting, and collaborative environment.
We look forward to fostering your skills, learning from your experiences, and building the future of gene editing together.
- Design, execute and troubleshoot high-throughput screens in immortalized and primary cells through the application of a variety of genetic perturbation methods.
- Provide key input and contributions that drive scientific strategy and shape future therapies and technologies.
- Assist in the design and assembly of molecular reagents and the development and maintenance of immortalized and primary cell cultures.
- Document, present, and communicate scientific findings to stakeholders.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A BS or MS in Biology/Engineering or related discipline with ideally 2+ years of experience with molecular biology, biochemistry, or genome editing
- Proficient in aseptic cell culture techniques, mammalian cell culture
- Experience with primary cell culture (hepatocytes, bronchial epithelial cells and/or neuronal cells)
- Hands-on experience with high-throughput screening and/or liquid handling automation
- Familiarity with screening methodologies and automation of screening
- Familiarity with library preparation for next-generation sequencing and NGS analysis
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills; ability to work independently within a team
- Experience with cloning (primer design, vector construction, Gibson, golden gate, site-directed mutagenesis, etc.) and nucleic acid purification is a plus
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.