Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
Co-Op Assignment Overview
Prime Medicine is seeking a co-op for the Spring 2024 semester with experience in bioinformatics and software development to join the Computational Sciences team. The candidate will play a key role in the development and deployment of computational tools that enable scientists to design experiments and analyze data, informing decision making at multiple critical junctures in the drug discovery process.
- Create scalable pipelines for high throughput screening data analysis
- Develop and test different tools/pipelines for off-target assays
- Develop interactive dashboards for scientists to interrogate data
- Support screening and disease biology teams by assisting with pegRNA designs and data analysis
- Assist with machine learning
- Identify, collate, and featurize internal and external data for model training / evaluation
- Develop machine learning models using internal and external data
- Enrolled in a B.S. or M.S. program focused on Computational Biology or related major
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience with operating in Unix/Linux environments and using command line tools
- Ability to independently learn and troubleshoot
- Experience with analyzing next generation sequencing data
- Interest in machine learning
- Experience with Nextflow or Snakemake or other workflow management systems
- Experience with Spotfire
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Full reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
NOTE: We are currently not considering co-op candidates outside of the local Boston/Cambridge area.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.