Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
Co-Op Assignment Overview
Prime Medicine is seeking a co-op for the Spring 2024 semester with experience in Biology and Biochemistry to join the RNA Technology team. The qualified candidate will work with a dynamic and highly collaborative team aiming to advance the development of therapeutic mRNAs for Prime Editing. This position will focus on executing in vitro cells assays to evaluate and improve mRNA delivery, stability and potency. In this role, you will learn and perfect your hands on skills in cell and molecular biology as well as develop a deep understanding of therapeutic mRNA enabled Prime Editing.
- Maintain mammalian cell culture, perform cell passaging.
- Execute and develop routine cell-based assays to screen for novel mRNA constructs.
- Perform analytical procedures including ELISA, luciferase assay, and gDNA sequence analysis to evaluate mRNA stability and potency.
- Contribute to mRNA production via in-vitro transcription (IVT) and purification.
- Maintain a timely and well-organized electronic lab notebook (ELN).
- Provide preliminary data analysis, interpretation, and contribute to presentations within RNA Tech team and cross functional teams.
- B.S. or M.S. candidate in Cell & Molecular Biology, Chemical Biology, Biochemistry, or related majors.
- Basic knowledge of cell biology, molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Hands on experience with cell culture.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Interested in solving complex problems in a cross functional collaborative environment.
- Familiar with cell-based assays and nucleic acid chemistry.
- Experience in molecular and cell biology techniques such as transfection, ELISA, and PCR.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and GraphPad Prism for data documentation, analysis, and presentation.
- Capable of continuous learning, highly organized, detail oriented.
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Full reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
NOTE: We are currently not considering co-op candidates outside of the local Boston/Cambridge area.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.