Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
Co-Op Assignment Overview
We are seeking a co-op for the Spring 2024 semester with experience in lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulation to join our growing LNP discovery platform team. The candidate will be involved in designing, formulating and analyzing LNPs for the delivery of prime editors to several targets in vivo. In so doing, s/he/they will learn to rationally design lipids and formulation compositions as well as optimizing those formulations using microfluidics. LNPs will then be characterized using dynamic light scattering (DLS), zeta potential, pKa and a Ribogreen assay. The candidate will also have the opportunity to learn downstream analysis techniques such as Flow Cytometry and Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS).
We are looking for curious problem solvers who enjoy working on fast-paced, exciting projects, working within a team and are passionate about developing genetic editing technologies to better human health and well-being.
- Prepare LNP formulations using microfluidics
- Perform QC assays such as DLS and Ribogreen
- Analyze, organize, and present results/data in both written and oral format
- LNP formulation experience is a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Full reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
NOTE: We are currently not considering co-op candidates outside of the local Boston/Cambridge area.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.