Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
Co-Op Assignment Overview and Responsibilities:
Prime Medicine is seeking a co-op for the Spring 2024 semester with experience in Pharmacology/DMPK to join the Pharmacology/DMPK team. We are looking for curious problem solvers who enjoy working on exciting projects, working within a team, and are passionate about developing genetic editing technologies to better human health and well-being. The Pharmacology/DMPK coop will learn and perform a variety of molecular biology and biochemical research activities, including UV/vis spectroscopy, rtPCR, UP-LCMS of large and small molecules, ELISA, MSD Cytokine Analysis, Non-Compartmental PK Analysis, as well as small animal handling. This coop will also learn several bioanalytical techniques to separate analytes of interest from biological matrices, including protein-precipitation, liquid-liquid extraction and solid phase extraction. The coop will gain expertise in several related software applications, including Phoenix Winonlin, Chemdraw, Thermo Xcalibur, and GraphPad. The coop will assist in experimental design and execution of bioanalytical assays, including preparation of materials and reagents, and assist in the Pharmacology Team’s assay development.
- Finishing a BS or MS in Molecular Biology/Bio-Engineering/Biochemistry
- Experience in basic molecular biology (eg. DNA and RNA isolation and analysis)
- Experience conducting experiments, collecting and analyzing experimental data, compiling experimental summaries in an Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN), and presenting results
- Expertise in data analysis (eg. knowledge of basic statistical tests and approaches)
- Ability to learn, understand, and utilize current and developing industry practices, techniques, and standards in a rapidly advancing field
- Proficiency in molecular biology skills, including rtPCR
- Experience conducting and analyzing data for in-vivo studies
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, as well as ability to work independently and within a team
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Full reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
NOTE: We are currently not considering co-op candidates outside of the local Boston/Cambridge area.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.