Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
Co-op Assignment Overview
Prime Medicine is seeking a co-op for the Spring 2024 cycle with experience in information systems and an interest in life sciences to join the Informatics team. The qualified candidate will get hands-on experience executing digital technology projects within a life science company. In this position, you will get experience partnering with scientists and software vendors, working on industry-standard R&D systems (ELN/LIMS), and digital project management experience.
- Learn how to configure and become a practitioner of primary research system (Benchling)
- Interview scientific stakeholders across Prime to develop process maps
- Translate process maps into system data models
- Configure, testing, and troubleshooting of new digital workflows
- Implementation and adoption of new digital workflows
- Collaboration with other informatics team members, systems vendors, and consultants
- B.S. candidate in Information Systems, Data or Engineering related fields. Science majors who are looking to transition to a non-lab role will also be considered.
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and excellent problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate between tech and business terminologies
- Excellent computer skills and ability to learn new tech
- Basic understanding of systems and databases
- Basic understanding of digital technology project phases (requirements gathering, testing, etc.)
- Previous experience working within life sciences
- Previous experience working on systems projects
- Coding experience (python, java, C++)
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Full reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
NOTE: We are currently not considering co-op candidates outside of the local Boston/Cambridge area.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.