Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
Co-op Assignment Overview
Prime Medicine is seeking a co-op to join the Quality team for the Spring 2024 cycle. The Quality function is responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive quality system, while collaborating cross-functionally to ensure products meet stringent quality, safety, and efficacy standards in compliance with regulatory guidelines. The qualified candidate will participate in a range of activities including record reviews, data analysis, and document management while problem solving in a fast-paced environment. In this position, you will be exposed to a wide range of research and technical expertise while learning how to interpret and apply national and international GxP regulations to the development of novel gene editing compounds.
- Explore and apply generative AI in Quality applications such as trend forecasting, compliance tracking, training content creation, data synthesis, validation and other applications
- Create training content, implement training modules and tracking training completion rates
- Support the qualification of laboratory instruments and computer software systems
- Facilitate the use of statistical software and data visualization tools by building and improving datasets and data acquisition processes.
- Perform data verification activities for critical studies in support of regulatory submissions
- B.S. or M.S. candidate in Data Science, Statistics, or related major with an interest in the biotechnology field.
- Ability to objectively analyze and evaluate complex processes and data sets to identify inconsistencies, inefficiencies, and risk
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficiency in generative AI tools and/or applied statistics
- Experience in basic laboratory techniques and assays
- Familiarity with quality tools (such as control charts, pareto analysis, flowcharting, FMEA)
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and excellent problem-solving abilities
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Full reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
NOTE: We are currently not considering co-op candidates outside of the local Boston/Cambridge area.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.