Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
We are seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced scientist with expertise in molecular pharmacology, in vivo biology, mRNA biology and gene therapy experience to join the pharmacology team. The successful candidate will have significant experience with viral and non-viral delivery of therapeutics to mice/rats and using molecular endpoints to support pre-clinical studies. This is an exciting opportunity to work at the intersection of molecular pharmacology, in vitro and in vivo pharmacology to advance genetic medicine. The ideal candidate will be proactive, enthusiastic, collaborative, and demonstrate excellent communication skills, with a desire to improve delivery methods by solving current challenges in safety, potency as well as for extra-hepatic delivery.
- Act as a technical/scientific representative to bridge in vitro and in vivo pharmacology insights based on the molecular underpinnings of the various prime editing components involved
- Rely on a wide variety of imaging and molecular assays to drive in vivo pharmacology insights and key program decisions such as ribosomal profiling, ribo-seq, high-content imaging, fluorescence imaging for hit and lead optimization
- Have a deep understanding and experience in various biochemical and basic molecular assays to support in vivo pharmacological end points and readouts such as NGS analysis, ELISAs, qPCR, ddPCR, and western blotting and experience working with animal tissues
- Extensive knowledge of mRNA biology and RNA biology along with understanding of their use as therapeutics
- Experience with both viral and non-viral delivery routes highly desirable
- A wide breadth of successful assay design and screening skills in both biochemical and molecular assay formats as well as experience in the application of modern technology and automation is highly desirable
- Familiarity with pre-clinical drug development and IND-enabling phase of therapeutic programs is desired but not required.
- Understanding of gene editing and synthetic biology a plus.
- Capacity to thrive and be highly productive in a fluid and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to create and maintain an effective scientific network through teamwork, excellent problem-solving skills and open collaborative style are of critical importance to the success of this role
- PhD in Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related area with at least 4 years relevant experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology startup organization or experience in CRO
- Previous experience with genetic therapies including gene therapy, gene editing, mRNA or oligonucleotide therapies is preferred
- Experience with rare diseases is preferred
- Outstanding scientific leadership and collaboration skills, excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, self-awareness, and ability to manage team dynamics
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.