Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
Co-Op Assignment Overview
Prime Medicine is seeking a co-op for the Fall 2023 cycle to join the QC team in the Technical Development and Operations organization. The qualified candidate will work with a highly collaborative fast paced project team to qualify/verify analytical QC testing methods and perform routine testing for a variety of samples. In this position, you will learn cell and molecular biology skills and develop a deep understanding of QC release testing and regulated documentations such as those for GLP and GMP testing. The candidate will be involved in multiple programs.
We want curious problem solvers who enjoy working on exciting projects, working within a team and are passionate about developing genetic editing technologies to better human health and well-being.
- Support verification and qualification of analytical testing methods for gene editing components and/or drug product.
- Perform routine analytical testing for mRNA samples, cellular samples, etc, after training completion.
- Support data analysis, data trending, critical reagents tracking and maintain GxP compliance electronic documentation.
- Adhere to all laboratory safety requirements and procedures, assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality.
- Flexibility to support and taking on new projects and troubleshooting as needs arise and priorities are dynamic.
- BS candidate in biology, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or related discipline.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including PowerPoint, Excel and word.
- Experience with softwares such as Smart sheet is a plus.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and driven with a can-do, make it happen attitude and ability to own and drive projects.
- Experience with basic laboratory techniques.
- Experience pipetting with manual, electronic, and multichannel pipettes.
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team dedicated to mentorship and networking
- Reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.