Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
Co-Op Assignment Overview
Prime Medicine is seeking a co-op for the Spring 2023 semester to work in a cross-functional LNP formulation and process development team. The candidate will work with formulations scientists, process development engineers, and chemical engineers to optimize LNP formulation and processes related to manufacture of LNPs. The candidate will gain hands on experience with various LNP formulation techniques and processes, analytical and biophysical characterization, and play a critical role in solving challenging problems associated with LNP formulation and process development.
We want curious problem solvers who enjoy working on exciting projects, working within a team and are passionate about developing genetic editing technologies to better human health and well-being.
- Collaborate with the LNP formulation and process development team, and cross-functional teams to design and execute experiments supporting Prime Medicine goals
- Execute experiments to optimize and understand robustness of LNP formulations and related processes
- Perform analytical testing for assessing LNP formulations and payload quality as it relates to critical process parameters
- Assist in the implementation of automation and/or programming activities for LNP formulation and biophysical characterization
- Effectively communicate results to internal and external meetings, and present final summary to the team
- Document and manage all experimental planning and progress in electronic lab notebook in an organized manner, providing statistical analysis and troubleshooting where appropriate.
- Adhere to all laboratory safety requirements and procedures, assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering, and receiving of lab supplies
- Enrolled in B.S./M.S. in Chemical Engineering, chemistry, Bioengineering or Biochemistry
- Knowledge of tangential flow filtration, and characterization techniques (DLS, UV-Vis, HPLC)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Curious, ability to work independently or collaboratively as needed
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong critical thinking skills and excel at identifying and solving problems.
- Prior experience with LNP formulations and processes of making LNPs, and wet lab is preferred.
- Programming and/or automation, and familiarity with DOE is a plus.
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Full reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.