Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
Co-Op Assignment Overview
Prime Medicine is seeking a co-op for the Spring 2023 semester with experience in accounting/finance to join the Finance team. The candidate will be involved in many essential tasks related to everyday accounting functions, as well as longer term projects.
We want curious problem solvers who enjoy working on exciting projects, working within a team and are passionate about developing genetic editing technologies to better human health and well-being.
- Perform accounts payable invoice processing
- Put together weekly payment runs
- Perform and assist with month-end and quarter-end close accounting tasks including preparation of journal entries ensuring compliance with US GAAP
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Support audit and quarterly review activities with external auditors
- Support the finance team with other reconciliations and schedule preparation, such as corporate credit card reconciliation and bank reconciliations
- Record daily cash transactions
- Review of P&L accounts to resolve classification issues
- Responsible for collecting new vendor forms
- Support the development of and adherence to internal control processes
- Assist finance leadership with ad-hoc initiatives and continue to improve processes for all areas of responsibility
- Pursuing a degree in accounting
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Detail-oriented personality
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent analytical skills, with very strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team setting
- Ability to work within and meet all deadlines while executing on multiple deliverables
- Interest in biotechnology or life science industry preferred
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Full reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.