Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
Co-Op Assignment Overview
Prime Medicine is seeking a co-op for the Fall 2023 semester with experience in molecular biology to join the Screening Platform team. The candidate will be involved in leveraging automation systems for the development and execution of high-throughput screening for prime editing.
We want curious problem solvers who enjoy working with a team on exciting projects and are passionate about developing genetic editing technologies to better human health and well-being.
- Use automated and semi-automated systems to select prime editing candidates for advancement toward therapeutic development pipelines
- Assist in the development and maintenance of immortalized and primary cell cultures
- Design, execute and troubleshoot high-throughput screens in immortalized and primary cells through the application of a variety of genetic perturbation methods
- Interpret and present data; provide key contributions that drive scientific strategy and shape cutting-edge therapies and technologies
- Experience with molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid purification, PCR, and NGS
- Basic understanding of molecular biology, cell biology, and biochemistry principles
- Proficiency in aseptic cell culture techniques
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Ability to work independently within a team
- Familiarity with CRISPR and other gene editing modalities
- Experience with high-throughput screening and/or liquid handling automation
- Familiarity with leveraging automation to develop new protocols is a plus
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Full reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.