Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and technically accomplished Senior Associate Scientist/Scientist I to join the analytical development team in Prime’s growing Technical Development and Operations Organization. This individual will focus on developing and applying cell-based assays for the characterization of critical reagents, drug substance (DS), and drug product (DP), and developing functional potency assays for DS and DP release and stability testing at Prime Medicine. This is a hands-on role where the successful candidate will be involved in day-to-day activities in assay development supporting programs in development and discovery stage. The ideal candidate will excel in a matrixed environment, as this role will interface with the process development, pharmacology, formulation, biology, and quality teams to advance Prime’s prime editing pipeline.
- Work with staff scientists to develop, optimize, and apply cell-based potency assays for the characterization and release testing of cell and gene therapy products including in vivo and ex vivo delivered drugs
- Contribute to the study design and execute experiments, perform data analysis and interpretation
- Generate, evaluate, and maintain experimental data, including performing statistical analysis
- perform internal early-stage assay qualification, validation, and sample testing
- Support the cooperations with external CTL (contract testing lab)/CDMO (contract development and manufacturing organizations)
- Participate in drafting, reviewing of protocols, SOPs, technical reports, and analytical sections of regulatory submissions
- Maintain thorough electronic lab notebooks and documentation records.
- BS/MS/PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related discipline.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry for BS candidates, 2-4 years for MS and 0-1 years for PhD candidates.
- Experience in assay development, including developing cell-based potency assays
- Experience with cell and gene therapy programs is a plus
- Proficiency in cell culture, transfection, PCR, western blot, MSD, ELISA, reporter assays, and fluorescence imaging
- Experience in cellular mechanism of action studies
- Experience with qualifying and validating assays
- Experience with flow cytometry or next-generation sequencing (NGS) is a plus
- Strong collaborator with cross-functional teams and external partners
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with programs such as Excel, GraphPad Prism, and PowerPoint for data entry, analysis, and presentation.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.