Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
We are seeking a physician-scientist with an interest and/or background in gene therapy to lead Prime Medicine’s programs from pre-clinical development into the clinic. The associate medical director will serve an integral role in the clinical development organization. They will interact broadly across the organization with research and with regulatory affairs in order to implement Prime’s strategies across one or more therapeutic areas. In concert with the clinical operations and clinical sciences teams, they will be responsible for the development, implementation and execution of clinical trials across multiple therapeutic areas. They will act as a representative of Prime Medicine in interactions with key opinion leaders, site investigators and regulators. The associate medical director will report to clinical development leadership.
- In collaboration with research, clinical sciences, regulatory affairs and clinical operations, develop a clinical trials strategy for the efficient and safe introduction of Prime gene editing therapeutics into human study participants, through in-human proof-of-concept.
- With support from clinical sciences and medical writing, conceptualize and author clinical trials protocols, including observational and all interventional trials from phase I - IV
- Serve as medical monitor, responsible for interfacing with site investigators, overseeing patient safety and analyzing data from clinical trials
- Represent clinical development on cross functional program teams
- Organize Scientific Advisory Boards and solicit feedback from Key Opinion Leaders
- Support Prime Medicine regulatory interactions both in the formulation of regulatory documents and in face-to-face discussions with regulators
- Collaborate with pre-clinical research to implement a translational biomarkers program for all clinical trials, and analyze translational data from Prime Medicine’s trials.
- Attend scientific and medical conferences as needed, to support presentation of Prime Medicine data and/or acquire state-of-the-art information in a relevant therapeutic field.
- Travel to investigator sites, regulatory meetings and conferences will be required
- M.D. or equivalent degree, preferably M.D.-PhD
- Minimum 3+ years industry or equivalent academic experience, either overseeing clinical trials or performing relevant research
- Track record of scientific and medical excellence
- Rigorous understanding of core scientific concepts in gene therapy, genetics and immunology
- Specialization in Hematology, Neurology or Hepatology preferred, but not required. Broad medical knowledge and facility with novel medical concepts is required.
- Basic understanding of Good Clinical Practice
- Facility and comfort with standard statistical methodologies and analytical tools
- Strong communication skills, with demonstrated experience composing scientific publications and delivering oral presentations.
- Ability to work in a heavily matrixed, cross-functional environment
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.