Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Procurement, the Purchasing & Payables Associate will be responsible for providing oversight of requisitions, purchase orders and managing the day-to-day accounts payable functions.
- Support day-to-day Purchasing functions including PO maintenance and resolution.
- Onboard new suppliers and manage existing supplier database to ensure accuracy & compliance with company goals.
- Provide internal training and customer service to employees related to exiting P2P platforms and procedures.
- Assist with the implementation and utilization of new T&E systems and policies.
- Support quarterly and annual financial audit processes by directing the preparation of requested support and documentation.
- Manage Accounts Payable mailbox to triage incoming mail appropriately and address external & internal inquiries as needed.
- Drive optimization of invoice processing automation through training and AP software management.
- Provide guidance internally to ensure efficient, accurate, and timely processing of invoices/POs.
- Help with tracking/reporting of growing Capex spend and Fixed Asset management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance-related field or 1-3 years of Procurement or Payables experience
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Experience working within large and small Accounting & P2P software systems preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work closely with and as part of the corporate team.
- Capable of critical thinking and problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interface with people at all levels.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and curious with an appetite to learn.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.