Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
We are looking for a motivated bioinformatician with broad expertise in NGS analysis, ideally with a focus on quantifying gene editing outcomes at on- and off-target genomic regions. In this position the bioinformatician will work closely with the off-target team, genomics core, and computational team to develop pipelines, process data, and interpret experimental outcomes. These pipelines and analyses will inform selection of lead candidates for therapeutic programs. A successful candidate will have substantial NGS analytical expertise and will have previously developed pipelines for data analysis. The candidate should also have a broad interest in the underlying [disease] biology and incorporating and analyzing multiple data types (NGS and non-NGS) relevant to a program. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment and be comfortable working in close collaboration with multiple disease biology teams in a densely networked environment.
- Develop, implement, and validate NGS analysis pipelines for targeted sequencing, chromosomal structure and whole genome sequencing
- Contribute computational/bioinformatic expertise as an integral part of a team developing a suite of assays for comprehensive assessment of prime editing
- Collaborate on cross-functional program teams to build and apply fit-for purpose computational methods that facilitate tiering of hits toward selection of development candidates
- Deliver reproducible and impactful results under ambitious timelines
- Adhere to computational best practices in documentation of code and analyses
- Author, review, and approve protocols, SOPs, technical documents, and reports in support of regulatory submissions
- MSc or PhD in Bioinformatics, computational biology or related disciplines, >3 yrs experience MSc, 0-3 yrs PhD of experience (academic or industrial)
- Experience with standard NGS analysis procedures and pipelines (eg. Genome alignment, snp detection, Picard/GATK)
- Experience with construction of novel pipelines for custom analysis of NGS data
- Willingness to work closely with wet lab scientists
- Experience analyzing genomic structure in a gene editing context and/or long read sequencing is a plus
- Demonstrated maturity to lead with influence, work independently, and cohesively as a self-aware team player
- Strong oral, written, and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.