Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
We are currently seeking for a talented, enthusiastic, and self-motivated Scientist/Sr. Scientist with a strong background & thorough understanding in RNA oligonucleotide synthesis, chemical deprotection, purification and process analysis to join the growing process chemistry team at our newly dedicated chemistry facility in Watertown, Massachusetts. The successful candidate will play a key role to optimize critical process parameters for Prime Medicine’s long guide RNAs. This is a hands-on role where the candidate will be involved in day-to-day activities consisting of synthesis, crude UF/DF, purification, desalting, lyophilization, packaging, and routine analysis of long guide RNA oligonucleotides (>100 mers). The ideal candidate thrives in a team environment, is highly independent, able to multi-task, may oversee associate scientists, and will excel in a matrixed environment, as this role will interface with medicinal chemistry, analytical development, non-viral delivery, computational sciences, and biology teams. The candidate has the opportunity to serve as the Process Chemistry rep on various CMC project teams to help advance Prime’s programs to the clinic and beyond.
- Serve as technical representative in a cross functional team to support RNA oligonucleotide process optimization, and reagent production
- Primary responsibilities will include designing and executing experiments to optimize and characterize the upstream and/or downstream processes. This will include laboratory scale work with AKTA platform synthesizer/purifier and UF/DF with Sartorius TFF system.
- Record and analyze experimental data, verify data integrity and accuracy, and summarize findings to the project team. also draft technical documents and support technology transfer to CDMO strategic partners for cGMP manufacturing.
- Contribute to and/or lead GLP manufacturing campaigns to produce materials for IND enbling studies
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot, and maintain lab instruments such as AKTAOP100 synthesizer, ÄKTA purifiers, HPLC and LC-MS, UF/DF, Nanodrop in good operational condition.
- Able to develop plans and achieve deliverables in a timely manner that are aligned with project team and company goals.
- Able to supervise junior chemists in the lab, conduct laboratory work in safe, efficient manner that ensures a safe working environment for colleagues
- Familiarity with pre-clinical drug development and IND-enabling phase of therapeutic programs is desired but not required
- Maintain electronic notebook, document, and project reports
- PhD in Chemistry or related discipline with 1-3+ years of experience OR MS with at least 3+ years of experience in a similar industrial environment
- Strong knowledge of nucleic acids chemistry, oligonucleotide synthesis, deprotection and purification techniques
- Experience in process development, scale up, and manufacture of oligonucleotides is a plus
- Experience with the ÄKTA line of synthesizers and purifiers is preferred
- Familiarity with analytical techniques and data interpretation HPLC, LC-MS, UV-Vis is preferred
- Highly self-motivated, driven, can-do, make it happen attitude with ability to own and drive projects in a fast paced environment
- Strong collaborator with cross-functional teams and external partners
- Capable of continuous learning, open-minded, curious, highly organized, and detail-oriented
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.