Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
- Execute on current established molecular and tissue-based assays to quantify Prime Editing components
- Refine and further optimize established molecular and tissue-based assays to further improve detection limits of our Prime Editing components
- Provide support in processing, purifying, and analyzing samples for DNA, RNA, and protein content and function
- Ownership of experiments from end-to-end including planning, execution, and analysis
- Must be able to work cross functionally with various teams across Prime Medicine
- Contribute and present scientific findings to the internal team and across Prime Medicine as need be
- Must effectively and properly document all experimental data and summaries
- A BS or MS in Biology/Engineering or related discipline with ideally 1+ year(s) of experience with molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Experience in performing molecular and cell-based assays.
- Familiarity with quantitative methods for nucleic acid and protein quantification (ELISA, Western blot, qRT-PCR, NGS etc.)
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and analytic skills, with the ability to troubleshoot experiments.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to work independently within a cross functional team.
- Familiarity with Prism, Excel, Benchling, Geneious, or similar software tools
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.