Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
We are currently seeking a talented and motivated Associate Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist with expertise in separation science and mass spectrometry to join the analytical development team in Prime’s growing Technical Development and Operations group. The candidate will play a key role in the application and development of a variety of HPLC, mass spectrometry (MS), capillary electrophoresis (CE) based analytical assays and other biophysical assays for the characterization of Prime editing drug substances and drug products across Prime’s portfolio, including oligonucleotides, proteins, lipids, lipid nanoparticles (LNP), etc. This position also provides the unique opportunity to learn a diverse range of assays and delivery methods (AAV, LNP), while utilizing lab automation in a hands-on fashion.
This is a hands-on role that provides an exciting opportunity to gain direct experience in analytical method development and sample analysis support. The ideal candidate will excel as a member of a cross-functional team that works closely with the process development, pharmacology, formulation, biology, and quality teams to advance the Prime Editing therapeutic product pipeline. The ideal candidate is highly dependable, details-oriented, multitasking lab associate with demonstrated abilities for generating high-quality data in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Assist with all aspects of analytical development, including routine sample analysis, release testing, new analytical method development, method qualification, and stability testing
- Conduct sample analysis for the characterization and release testing of Prime editing components, following experimental design, protocols, and standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Support new analytical method development to augment Prime’s analytical capabilities
- Perform method qualification and validation, and assist in method transfer to internal teams as well as external CTLs (contract testing labs) and CDMOs (contract development and manufacturing organizations)
- Maintain electronic lab notebook following data integrity principles and practices
- Effectively communicate results to multi-disciplinary teams in oral and written formats
- Willingness to learn new skills and processes
- BS/MS in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related discipline with at lease 1 year’s hands on experience in a research laboratory or industry setting
- Experience in HPLC and/or mass spectrometry is critical
- Capable of continuous improvement, learning new things, open-minded, curious, highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong collaborator with cross-functional teams
- Ability to effectively display and present scientific results
- Highly self-motivated, driven, can-do, make it happen attitude.
- Experience with method development and qualification in an industrial setting is a plus
- Previous experience in mass spectrometry-based analysis of macromolecules (proteins, RNA/DNA, etc.) is a plus
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.