Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
We are seeking a strategic and experienced leader who will spearhead the implementation of a digitally connected compound and sample inventory and management system(s) which is foundational to our R&D operations infrastructure. The role supports the entire continuum of drug discovery and development from lead identification to pre-clinical and clinical biomarkers, tissues samples, to process development samples, GLP and GMP intermediates, drug product supplies, and retain samples including managing sample movement across and between Prime sites and CRO/CMOs. The ideal candidate will partner with IT, functional SMEs, external consultants and serve as the leader for R&D users to drive on-going as well as new projects and initiatives. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with high-throughput screening, end-to-end workflows comprised of requesting, generating, testing, registering, inventorying and storage, along with accessing the corresponding data generated. Ability to rapidly learn about compound registration and inventory systems, a variety of automation, analytical software, quality control, sample management systems, and electronic notebooks is necessary to anticipate challenges, and proactively develop solutions.
This is a high-profile and challenging opportunity to articulate and implement Prime’s leading strategy for compound library organization and delivery across a distributed network, drive innovations in process automation and data management, and lead and mentor teams engaged in time-sensitive and mission-critical work. This position offers significant opportunities for professional growth in a fast-paced biotech start-up which includes building the systems and processes, establishing capabilities, and working with world-class researchers to help Prime bring the promise of prime editing to patients
- Lead matrix teams responsible for defining and implementing compound and sample inventory sample management needs for pegRNA, plasmids, mRNA, lipids, LNPs, cell lines, AAV lots, drug products, and ensure readiness for biomarker samples, tissues and more.
- Work closely with Prime informatics and data analytics, IT, and external vendors to ensure optimal software for compound request, inventory management, and workflow prioritization
- Connect certain inventories and workflows to CRO/CMOs for efficiencies and secure business continuity
- Establish clear and sustainable expectations with key stakeholders in biology, chemistry, screening, pharmacology, CMC, clinical and others regarding responsibilities needed for compound request, delivery, registry, inventory, etc.
- Design and build the system or biobanking and sample management for translational and clinical operations’ needs.
- Cultivate and maintain productive and forward-looking relationships with key vendors and technology providers.
- Promote continuous improvement and technological innovation to expand the compound and sample management system providing rapid and seamless delivery.
- Strong leadership, highly collaborative and effective communication with excellent analytical, organization, project management skills.
We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual who is comfortable with ambiguity, multitasking and will be a hand’s-on leader of various cross-functional teams and sub-teams. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team
- PhD in Sciences or Engineering with 8+ years practical experience in drug discovery or BS with 14+ years’ experience
- Experience with automated compound storage and retrieval, chemistry registration and bioassay data management software. In-depth knowledge and understanding of sample management logistics and software platforms, including request portals, inventory tracking, and workflow definition.
- Experience interfacing with data management systems: file sharing services, data lakes, databases, electronic laboratory notebooks
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level of customer support and professionalism; effective project management and follow through skills, change management
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and interpersonal skills - advanced ability to communicate effectively and concisely with internal team and vendors
- Proven capabilities to think critically and creatively with scientific curiosity and rigor, and to problem solve
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams in a high-paced environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work from multiple projects.
- Ability to effectively build relationships and negotiate with a variety of providers and stakeholders, both within Prime and external (experience with vendor management is desirable).
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.