Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced senior scientist to join our growing prime editing platform team. In this position, the individual will coordinate pooled screening efforts aimed at discovering and optimizing highly efficient prime editing systems. The successful candidate will have substantial prior experience performing pooled CRISPR screens or other genome-wide screens in mammalian cells, and will have extensive experience in molecular biology, mammalian cell tissue culture, and next-generation sequencing. The ideal candidate excels in a team-based environment, has excellent communication skills, and possesses an enthusiasm for pushing the boundaries of Prime Medicine’s gene editing capabilities for therapeutic applications.
- Lead a team of scientists to develop, improve and carry out multiple forms of pooled mammalian cell screens towards discovering and optimizing highly efficient prime editing systems for therapeutic applications
- Coordinate pooled screening activities among cross-functional teams, including pegRNA screening and automation teams, therapeutic program teams, computational sciences, and the prime editing platform team
- Contribute to strategic decision making around the development and use of pooled screening methodologies to achieve broader organizational objectives
- Analyze data and synthesize results into a distilled form that is suitable for communication to relevant teams and stakeholders
- Deliver reproducible and impactful results under ambitious timelines
- Manage, train, mentor and motivate junior scientists
- Maintain thorough electronic lab notebooks and documentation records
- Author, review, and approve protocols, SOPs, and technical documents
- Adhere to all laboratory safety requirements and procedures, and assist in maintaining a functional laboratory
Skills and Qualifications:
- A PhD with 5+ years of postgraduate experience and 2+ years of industry experience in CRISPR genome editing, molecular biology, and/or cell biology
- Experience managing direct reports within an industry R&D setting
- Extensive experience in laboratory techniques required for pooled screening, including library design and cloning, mammalian cell tissue culture, lentivirus production and transduction, genomic DNA isolation, and next-generation sequencing
- Strong experience and familiarity with CRISPR technologies; experience with prime editing is a plus
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and analytic skills, with an ability to design and troubleshoot complex experiments
- Proficiency in flow cytometry and fluorescence-activated cell sorting
- Excellent oral, written, and verbal communication skills and an ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Strong publication and presentation record
- Highly self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to innovate and spearhead new projects
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.