Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
The On-Target NGS team is seeking an experienced, driven, and energetic Associate Scientist / Senior Associate Scientist well-versed in Next Generation Sequencing to support Prime Medicine’s drug discovery and development pipeline. The role requires in-depth technical knowledge of NGS sample processing and experience with Illumina sequencers. The successful candidate will support the development and implementation of Automated NGS sample and amplicon library workflows as well as Illumina sequencer operation. Experience in developing and/or executing high-throughput genomics workflows to support R&D experiments is ideal.
- Support the evaluation, development, and validation of NGS-based workflows.
- Drive the transition of assays from development to production by working with members of the R&D and automation teams.
- Collaborate closely with R&D scientists, automation team, LIMS and bioinformatics to execute high-throughput sample processing.
- Develop and support automated sample and library preparation on liquid handlers, including protocol set-up and execution.
- Operation, regular maintenance and troubleshooting of Illumina sequencers.
- Develop, execute and support sample submissions, quality control metrics and sequencing data tracking using LIMS.
- Perform other related duties and ad hoc projects as required by position and in support of the On-Target NGS team.
- S./M.S. in molecular biology, biotechnology, or other relevant scientific degree.
- 1-3+ years of hands-on experience in NGS library preparation and sequencing.
- Technical experience with Illumina sequencing platforms.
- Experience using a LIMS system for sample tracking and processing.
- Experience with laboratory automation, particularly NGS on liquid handlers, is a plus.
- Assay validation and implementation experience, is a plus.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.