Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our rapidly growing company. This role will report directly to the Associate Director of Accounting. This is a critical new role which will be responsible for month-end close activities and will also be the primary owner of payroll. This is a great opportunity to be involved in all cycles of a Finance department including general ledger and month-end close, audit, internal management reporting, treasury, tax, accounts payable, payroll and equity. In addition, this role will be instrumental in implementing a new ERP system. The ideal candidate is highly dependable, detail-oriented, and has a proven ability to take initiative, get things done, and prioritize.
- Record and reconcile monthly journal entries related to prepaids, investments, leases, accruals, payroll, and equity
- Manage fixed assets expenditures and related depreciation
- Review balance sheet accounts to validate amounts and presentation
- Review P&L and perform budget vs. actuals analysis
- Perform payroll processing in ADP for semi-monthly and bi-weekly payrolls and ensure both are run accurately and timely
- Process accurate and timely year-end payroll reporting (W-2, etc)
- Provide high caliber customer service to resolve employee issues and questions; respond to emails and phone calls
- Assist with documenting and developing proper accounting policies and control procedures
- Prepare supporting documentation for audits and tax calculations
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of four years of accounting experience with direct experience in monthly close cycles and financial audits
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA preferred but not required
- Ability to thrive in fast paced, deadline oriented, structured environment
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated individual
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.