Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
Prime Medicine is seeking a co-op for the Spring 2023 semester with experience in computational biology to join the Computational Sciences team. The candidate will be involved in multiple projects including analytical pipeline development, target indication support, and building machine learning models. We want curious problem solvers who enjoy working on exciting projects, working within a team and are passionate about developing genetic editing technologies to better human health and well-being.
- Design and explore NGS sequencing datasets pertinent to gene editing
- Build interfaces and data visualization for analysis
- Integrate relevant literature and databases
- Explore machine learning approaches to gene editing
- B.S. or M.S. candidate in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Bioengineering, or other related major
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Exposure to statistical analysis
- Experience with operating in Unix/Linux environments and using command line tools
- Knowledge of molecular biology
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Full reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.