Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
Prime Medicine is seeking a co-op for the Spring 2023 semester with experience in analytical chemistry to join the Analytical Development team. The candidate will gain hands on experience with a range of analytical techniques and play a key role in solving complex analytical challenges related to our prime editing components. This is a unique position with the opportunity to contribute directly to the advancement of prime editing programs towards the clinic.
We want curious problem solvers who enjoy working on exciting projects, working within a team and are passionate about developing genetic editing technologies to better human health and well-being.
- Perform a variety of analytical assays to support companywide analytical needs for therapeutic biomolecules, e.g., mRNAs, guide RNAs, lipid nanoparticles (LNP), AAVs, and/or ribonucleoprotein complexes (RNP)
- Carry out analytical testing for assessing product quality ahead of in vivo studies
- Conduct methods development and qualification of various analytical assays
- Generate, document, and manage key data, providing statistical analysis and troubleshooting where appropriate
- Effectively communicate results to stakeholders across multiple functions
- Lab operations: perform instrument maintenance, manage reagent and consumables, etc
- Enrolled in B.S./M.S. program in chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, biology, bioengineering or a related field
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as needed
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong critical thinking skills and excel at identifying and solving problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience with HPLC, CE, and/or LC-MS
- Experience with biological sample preparation
- Programming and/or automation experience
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Full reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.