Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
Prime Medicine is developing AAV and other viral and viral-like systems to deliver Prime Editors to target tissues to perform Prime Editing to correct disease causing mutations in the genome.
Key areas of responsibility include leading our current team and building to enable a) Vector genome engineering to optimize our Prime Editors for ideal controlled expression in target tissues; b) selection and optimization of capsids for tropism to target tissues, minimal dose and increased safety; c) early stage process development and d) supplying viral vector research reagents from both small scale internal production as well as from external CROs. The role will involve core work and working cross functionally with our Tech Dev and Ops, Assay, Pharmacology and Project teams. In addition the candidate will work closely with our early delivery discovery team to optimize promising next gen delivery systems to delivery of Prime Editors
- Coordinate and lead the Vector Core team, management and mentorship of junior staff, executing on the production and purification of AAV and Adenovirus preparations that enable the company’s research and development goals
- Coordinate and partner to execute of viral studies, both AAV and Adenovirus, that drive the company’s research and development goals
- Independently work with the vector engineering, producer cell line, nonclinical, research analytical discovery, and process development teams to implement small- and medium-scale AAV production for yield and quality assessments
- Continue to improve the throughput and product quality of rAAV production from the Vector Core via process improvements, cell culture optimization and independent research
- Assist with the design and construction of AAV vectors
- Independently establish and manage relationships with external academic groups and CROs
- Prepare, analyze, and present data internally and externally
- Prepare and review technical reports and write research operating protocols (ROPs)
- Work within cross-functional teams to drive novel programs forward towards IND enabling studies
- PhD in Virology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related discipline
- 5 or more years of industry experience preferred
- Experience in mammalian cell culture, molecular biology, protein biochemistry, immunoassays, flow cytometry, quantitative PCR methods, digital PCR methods, and viral production/purification
- Experience in the development of complex biological assays
- Experience with statistical analysis software (SoftMax, JMP, SAS) preferred
- Experience working with external contract labs (CMOs, CROs) is a plus
- Strong collaboration and team-working skills is required
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion to meet schedules and deadlines
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Ability to effectively influence the work of others
- Eager to work with highly skilled and dynamic teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and scientific setting
- Experience leading and developing bench researchers
- Synthesize information, Clarify Direction & Establish Priorities: Set clear direction for your direct reports aligned with functional and corporate goals. Reprioritize work, as needed. Enable others to do their job well by communicating information and making decisions in a clear, timely manner.
- Partner & Collaborate Effectively: Listen to and value others’ thoughts and ideas. Demonstrate effective partnership both within and outside your team. Achieve results with and through others.
- Support Learning & Growth: Demonstrate self-awareness, humility, and curiosity in service of self-development. Provide regular coaching and feedback to the team
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.