Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
We are seeking an Associate / Sr. Associate Scientist to join our fast-growing neuromuscular team, to support the identification, validation and optimization of pegRNA for multiple neuromuscular indications. This role will require hands-on experience of mammalian cell culture, molecular cloning, transfection, and qRT-PCR / digital droplet PCR (ddPCR). In addition to conducting high-throughput pegRNA screening/optimization assays, other responsibilities will include optimization of various delivery approaches using in vitro cell models.
- Perform research requiring molecular biology skills, including primer design, molecular cloning, PCR, qRT-PCR/ddPCR, nucleotide isolation and next-generation sequencing
- Standard mammalian cell culture and transfection
- Optimize various delivery approaches using in vitro cell models
- Conduct experiments, collect and analyze experimental data, compile experimental summaries in an Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN), and present results to the larger team
- Order, track, aliquot, organize reagent inventory
- Maintain program-specific laboratory equipment and facilities as needed
- BS or MS in biology or related discipline and >2 years of relevant research experience
- 1+ years industry experience is highly desirable
- Proficiency in molecular biology skills, including primer design, cloning, PCR, qPCR, DNA and RNA isolation (experience with ddPCR and NGS preferred)
- Experience with culturing mammalian cells and/or iPSCs
- Working knowledge of gene editing tools and principles (ZFN, TALE, CRISPR or DNA base editors) and gene delivery methods (viral vectors, DNA/RNA electroporation)
- Familiarity with DNA analysis software (e.g., Geneious, Vector NT, Primer 3) and data analysis software (e.g., Graphpad Prism)
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and analytic skills, with the ability to troubleshoot experiments, learn from mistakes, and apply those learnings to next experimental design
- Strong oral, written, and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.