Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
We are currently seeking a motivated self-starter and experienced scientist with expertise in gene therapy, gene editing, and preclinical development for nucleic acid-based therapeutics. The candidate will play a lead role in a multidisciplinary, dynamic program team focused on developing engineered, prime edited therapies targeting the liver. The candidate will apply her/his deep expertise to evaluate and optimize prime editing in human hepatocytes and characterize cell biology of edited cells (phenotype, function, and differentiation) using in vitro and in vivo assays. He/she will design and implement studies to optimize the potency and efficacy of novel gene therapy vectors and other nucleic acid delivery modalities for prime editing, including developing strategies to support liver-specific delivery.
- PhD with 0-3 years or MS with 3-5 years of experience in Molecular or Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics/Genomics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Liver Disease Biology, or related discipline
- 2+ years biotech industry experience in gene therapy and drug discovery preferred, with experience in gene editing in hepatocytes a big plus
- Experience in developing in vitro & in vivo delivery strategies for gene therapy
- Experience with humanin vitro cellular techniques and study design/optimization including:
- Primary human hepatocyte culture or equivalent
- Cell expansion and differentiation
- Building functional assays of liver or hepatocyte biology
- Proficiency in molecular biology skills, including primer design, cloning, PCR, qPCR, DNA, and RNA isolation
- Expertise with library preparation for next-generation sequencing is a plus
- Experience designing, conducting, and analyzing data for in vivo studies
- Experience or familiarity with preclinical drug discovery processes such as hit & lead identification/optimization/validation
- Familiarity with in vivo models of genetic liver disease preferred
- Strong publication and presentation record with engagement in national scientific societies
- Experience collaborating effectively within cross-functional teams, willingness to roll-up-sleeves to get things done
- Strong oral, written, and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated maturity to lead with influence, work independently, and cohesively as a self-aware team player
- Proactive and collaborative mindset, exhibiting an enthusiastic team attitude.
- Meticulous record keeping, documentation, and reporting of research
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills; ability to work independently within a team
- Independently learn, understand, and utilize current and developing industry practices, techniques, and standards in a rapidly changing field.
- Goal-driven and strong organizational skills.
- Experience managing external collaborations &/or CROs is a plus
- Highly adaptable and comfortable in an environment with dynamic priority demands.
- Self-motivated and effective at managing multiple projects in parallel.
- Strong communication skills, exhibiting the ability to clearly and concisely describe research to a cross-disciplinary audience.
- Rigorous and conscientious, exhibiting care and thoroughness in data interpretation.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.