Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
The Screening Platform is seeking an experienced, driven, and energetic Associate Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist well versed in high-throughput screening, automation, and NGS-based workflows. The candidate will join our dynamic team to support the development, execution, and analysis of RNA guide screens in support of therapeutic programs and to enable technological advancements. The methods, tools and data produced by the candidate will play a critical role in enabling the creation of next-generation gene editing technologies. As a member of our team, the candidate can expect to join a fast-paced, exciting, and collaborative environment.
We look forward to fostering your skills, learning from your experiences, and building the future of gene editing together.
- Design, execute and troubleshoot high-throughput screens in immortalized and primary cells through the application of a variety of genetic perturbation methods.
- Provide key input and contributions that drive scientific strategy and shape future therapies and technologies.
- Assist in the design and assembly of molecular reagents and the development and maintenance of immortalized and primary cell cultures.
- Document, present, and communicate scientific findings to stakeholders.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A BS or MS in Biology/Engineering or related discipline with ideally 2+ years of experience with molecular biology, biochemistry, or genome editing
- Hands-on experience with high-throughput screening and/or liquid handling automation
- Proficient in aseptic cell culture techniques, mammalian cell culture
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills; ability to work independently within a team
- Experience with cloning (primer design, vector construction, Gibson, golden gate, site-directed mutagenesis, etc.) and nucleic acid purification
- Familiarity with screening methodologies and automation of screening is a plus
- Familiarity with library preparation for next-generation sequencing and NGS analysis
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.