Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
Co-Op Assignment Overview
Prime Medicine is seeking a co-op for the Fall 2023 semester with prior experience in Human Resources Function to join the Prime HR Team. The candidate will be involved in delivering exceptional HR support and helping build a strong people-first culture and employee experience.
We want curious problem solvers who enjoy working on exciting projects, working within a team and are passionate about developing genetic editing technologies to better human health and well-being.
- Support HR Team in the coordination of special events and the delivery of programs and projects (e.g. Annual Benefits Open Enrollment, Promotion Cycle)
- Participate in employee engagement activities to engage the organization’s cultural values
- Assist with HRIS projects and HR data audits to ensure data integrity across HR systems and in functional areas that receive data is accurate and complete
- Create and develop internal HR communications and content for various internal and external audiences
- Support the Talent Acquisition team with candidate information management and assist with new hire-onboarding responsibilities
- Serve as a point of contact and resource to assist employees and leaders with HR related questions and requests for information.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Education, Human Resources or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interacts professionally with employees, candidates, vendors, and other external partners
- Confidentiality, discretion, and good decision making are required
- Strong organizational/planning skills and the ability to multi-task effectively
- Prior experience in Human Resources or other related skills preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and other computer-based systems.
- Ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced work environment and manage competing demands
What We Offer:
- A cutting-edge scientific team open to mentorship and networking
- Full reimbursement for monthly commuting costs including subway, commuter rail, parking, Bluebikes, etc.
- Participation in regular scientific seminars with industry experts
- Full participation in employee activities including learning and development offerings, social activities, etc.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.